Cathy Lydon, CPA
Audit Director, Client Manager, Nonprofit Team Leader
Cathy Lydon is a director and leads the nonprofit industry team at Redpath and Company. She has been in public accounting since 2004 and specializes in working with nonprofit organizations. Cathy has extensive experience performing financial audits and Federal single audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance. Her audit experience also includes governmental entities, charter schools, HUD housing entities, healthcare, and DEED Extended Employment Program Compliance audits. Cathy has been a member of the Redpath team since 2008.
Cathy is a holder of The Advanced Single Audit Certificate issued by the AICPA. The Advanced Single Audit Certificate requires the ability to evaluate and analyze the core concepts related to client acceptance, engagement planning, engagement analysis, concluding an engagement, and guiding principles for single audits at an advanced level as outlined in the AICPA Competency Framework: Governmental Auditing.
Relevant continuing professional education includes the annual AICPA Not-for-Profit Industry Conference and the annual MNCPA Not-for-Profit Conference.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Not-For-Profit Section Member
- Nonprofit Financial Group
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Board Advisor
- Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation, Cornerstone Council Member
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce, Economic Inclusion Committee - Former Member
- B.S. Accounting — St. Cloud State University
- Financial Audits
- Federal Single Audits
- Deed Compliance Audits